Individual and Family Engagement Coordinator
Location: All Prime Care Coordination service areas will be considered
Hire Rate: To be discussed at interview
Develop and implement strategy and work plans to engage individuals and families through the Care Coordination Organization transition. Will work with provider organizations to meet with individuals and families to provide education and support on transition to CCOs and Managed Care, including development of educational materials. Liaison with Prime Care Coordination (PCC).
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop educational and informational materials designed for individuals and families regarding the transition to CCOs, managed care, and Prime Care Coordination (PCC).
- Oversee efforts to design a tool kit for partner agencies to assist with individual and family awareness and education.
- Plan, attend and coordinate regional meetings or events for individuals and families.
- Schedule and meet with individuals and families of PCC member partner agencies.
- Prepare reports, documents and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Participate in PCC workgroups formed to plan and execute individual and family engagement efforts.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures regarding individual and family advisory boards or groups ensuring individual and families are connected to PCCs governance structure and inform program and services.
- Build relationships with individuals and families on behalf of PCC.
- Build relationships with partner agencies in PCC, to leverage their relationships with individuals and families to execute joint education and training sessions to those served.
- Identify and lead processes that allow individuals and families to inform and provide feedback to PCC leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, interpret policies and procedures and regulations and develop educational materials, effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and families.
- Ability to travel across a 37 county coverage area.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Reliable transportation (NYS Drivers Licensed required).
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Health or Human Services and minimum of 1 year experience working in the human service/developmental disabilities area.
All experience and education requirements, except when required by federal, state, or local laws or requirements, may be waived at the discretion of management with the approval of the Chief Operating Officer, in collaboration with Human Resources.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to sit continuously
- Ability to reach above shoulder level
- Ability to turn/twist upper body
- Ability to use hand for repetitive action and fine manipulating for the purpose of keyboarding
- Adhere to all CDS Life Transitions, Inc. and iCircle Services policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Agency Mission, Vision, Shared Values, and Customer Service Standards.
- Attend mandatory education and training modules as scheduled; obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Maintain all required certifications/training by State regulations and CDS policy
- Act as a professional representative of CDS Life Transitions, Inc. and iCircle in regard to appearance, behavior, temperament, communication, language, and dress.
- iCircle, a CDS Life Transitions Company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Female/Disabilities/Veterans.